Monday, August 26, 2013

SWEye Dr Retreat

This year for the annual doctor's retreat, we stayed local here in Phoenix at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge.  I get SO flustered for this event- EVERY YEAR!!!  I always worry about what I'm wearing, how I look, etc.  I'm a pretty low-maintenance girl so needing to get a little more dressed up makes me nervous!  I want to make sure I'm that trophy wife on Matt's arm! ;)

We arrived Friday evening and had a mix & mingle with all the doctors and their spouses.  It's always good to see the people that Matt interacts with regularly, those we don't get to see as frequently as well as meeting new doctors who have recently joined the company.  After we were done "mingling," some of the younger couples suggested going to the pool, and while I had packed a swim suit, I failed to mention that little tidbit to Matt, who did NOT bring swimming attire.  We quickly ran across the street to Tilly's, barged in 5 minutes before they closed, Matt found something that fit, then zipped back over to the resort.  After we closed the pool and hot tub down, we went with the Seller's to get some dessert.  We stayed up way too late chatting, but isn't that what you do when you're kidless?


Too bad we couldn't sleep in the next morning!!  All the doctors had a meeting, bright and early, at 8am.  Melissa and I decided to hit up Target and burn an hour of time before any nail salon opened.  We got pedicures before heading back to meet up with our husbands.
You can always find something to buy at Target!!
Pretty toes, I always get pink!
As the main event, we had lunch and guided tours of the Musical Instrument Museum (MIM), which was just a couple miles from where we were staying.  They have thousands of instruments from all over the world!  We had the most boring old guy as our guide.  Blah.  It would've been more interesting had we not had to stand and listen to him go on and on at each stop, which meant we didn't have time to see half of what was there.  It was all very interesting, just the same, being that Matt and I both have musical backgrounds.

Our guide~

Trying out our musical talents~


We gathered together for a talent show and a very entertaining game of Musical Jeopardy!  After the game concluded, we headed back to the hotel to change, then were treated to a very nice dinner.

As always, we appreciate the opportunity to spend time with Matt's colleagues, and especially grateful to the Bluths for treating us as part of the family.  Matt truly enjoys working for Southwestern Eye Center!

No comments: