Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

My four sweeties in their coordinating {of course!} Easter attire

We had a wonderful Easter sabbath today! Matt's brother gave his homecoming address so we attended church with his parents. We then spent the rest of the day with them, including lunch and dinner. We chatted, some of us napped, played a little Guitar Hero, pigged out a *little* bit on Easter candy and the kids flew kites that the Easter Bunny left for them. There was just the right amount of wind! Brooklyn was so cute- giggling like a maniac every time the wind would get a bit stronger and she had to try to maintain her kite's stability! :) I could barely keep myself from busting out in song, "Oh, oh, oh, let's go fly a kite! Up to the highest heights....."


















Gma Palmer had an Easter egg hunt followed by a scavenger hunt to find some little Easter treats she had for the grandkids.

















And Preston snores on......













I am truly grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. The lesson in Relief Society was especially good, reiterating Joseph B. Wirthlin's recently infamous quote, "Come what may and love it," with regards to accepting God's will for us. It really made me ponder in my heart if I'm "loving" what comes to me and I'm committed to making this my new motto. I'm thankful that I was able to spend this Easter holiday surrounded by those I love.

1 comment:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Such cute pics! Sounds like it was a wonderful Easter! I love all of Brooklyn's curls. Too cute!