Friday, January 1, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new!

New Year's Eve we celebrated BRAZILIAN style with some friends. Several of the guys (and even one of the girls) had served their missions in Brazil so it was fun for them to relive those glory days for a bit. Matt even said the blessing on the food in Portuguese! I almost couldn't contain my giggles. We feasted on churrasco, fried food, rice and beans and guzzled GuaranĂ¡, which, by the way, contains 3 TIMES the amount of caffeine as coffee!!!! Whew! No wonder it tastes so good! ;) LOL! Matt MADE me wear one of his soccer jerseys from his mission, but that didn't last long.We had a great time chatting, playing Guitar Hero and laughing our faces off. Of course we rang in the new year with a kiss and some bubbly - Mormon style with Martinellis!

~~~Welcome 2010!!!~~~

For record-keeping purposes, I'm gonna be brutally honest here. I know many people, including lots of those close to us, have struggled this past year. But it was a stellar year for Matt & I!! For the first time in a long time, we've been able to live comfortably and pay forward the generosity we've been recipients of in the past. We definitely have a LOT to be thankful for; our wonderful family & friends, a beautiful home, our health, a stable JOB that Matt loves which provides for our needs and then some. We are ultimately grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and his plan of happiness. We're ready for the New Year, to see what adventures await us as a family! I only hope this year is better than the last!

I have a few goals that I want to get out there so I can hold myself somewhat accountable:

Health: Get myself in better shape, lose 15ish lbs., maybe even conquer a "run" (5K, 10K?)

Personal: Carve out more time for ME, to develop a talent or hobby that I can be passionate about. Treat myself to pampering more often.

Home:
Create a warm, cozy environment for our family - my domain!! Finish decorating a few rooms completely. Do a better job at keeping on top of the cleaning; 3600 sq ft is a little daunting!! De-clutter AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

As a Mother: Make sure each of my children KNOW that I love them and genuinely care about them. Spend more time laughing and playing, living in the moment. Be involved. Teach them to be more self reliant and pitch in more around the house. Patience is a virtue.

As a Wife: Flirt {with my husband} more. Date {my husband} more. Less micromanaging. ;)

Bring IT!!!

10 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I think I just need to copy & poaste your goals on to my blog. Thanks for sharing!

Lindsay Skinner said...

I think Marie & I and others are doing a 5K the end of February at the zoo if you want to participate.

Emily said...

I LOVE brazilian food. There's a place in Provo that I loved going to. Best food there is.

skinners said...

good goals! i was going to tell you about the same 5k lindsay already mentioned. you should do it with us! its at the zoo. let us know.

Kasey said...

Love, love this post! The whole dating the hubby more is on my list as well. We do alot, but we always take our kids. This year is the year for us for sure! And the whole cleaning thing. My house is only 2500sq feet and I have a hard time. May the force be with you!

Erin said...

Wow, your NYE dinner looks amazing! I'm glad this year was a good one for you. Good luck with your goals. (This is only cause I know a little about running- you can find a good 5K plan on marathonrookie.com to start training for your race...it only takes 6 weeks to get in 5K shape, just be sure to have good shoes!) Hope 2010 is just as good!

Ashley Harris said...

I liked your goals, I need to work on all those things too!

Thank you so much for your input regarding the twins and kindergarten. I have been thinking - I need to ask someone who had boy/girl twins, so I appreciated your perspective! I kind of have decided that they'll be fine no matter what I decide and we can always make changes later as issues arise. Let me tell you - I'm pretty excited about it!

Carrie Anne said...

oh that food looks so yummy!!! what a fun new years celebration!!!

Kasey said...

Girl! You need an update! Get on it!

brittney larson said...

i will run it with you linds!!! :)