Thursday, November 10, 2011

School Schtuff

** Third grade is hard. For ME!!! Memorizing long poems, constructing dioramas, putting together a book report on a book I've never read or read a million years ago. I get so stressed about these dumb projects and thanks to my procrastinating self, we're usually trying to get them done at the last second.

Brooklyn and Blake had to create an animal habitat, so I bought all the materials I thought we could use. Blake had specially requested that Daddy help him, so I was Brooklyn's partner. Daddy got the easy end of the stick, I'll tell you!!! A desert is MUCH easier to construct than a rainforest! This is what we ended up with-

Blake -- desert animal: BOBCAT
Do you love the dead prairie dog with blood? Oh my.Brooklyn -- rainforest animal: GREAT HORNBILL
I secretly curse under my breath that they'd BETTER get 100% on these projects and thankfully, they've made the grade each time.

** Homework time for Blake has been much more pleasant lately. On occasion, he's had a day and this was one of those days. I think Mondays and Wednesdays, they are required to write sentences for 15 spelling words, each sentence containing at least 7 words. Most often, I get two kids, each asking me for a sentence for each of these words and I get annoyed sometimes. I was sick of arguing with Blake to do his sentences so he did this-I told him that his teacher probably wouldn't consider this acceptable, which means he'd have to do double the work, and I let him turn it in. Blake did tell me that his teacher made him rewrite the sentences during class. Still makes me laugh though!

** For a cute, optional project, Gavin was sent home with "Tom Turkey" and was instructed to disguise him so that the farmer wouldn't recognize him on Thanksgiving day! It was fun coming up with ideas of what we should disguise Tom as, but we decided on football player. ;)
** Last item of business, the unveiling of 2011 school pictures! I love them, tilted heads, crazy hairs, mousy smiles and ALL!!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Those sentences are hilarious. HA HA HA. I think he should have gotten 100% for being clever.