Thursday, June 21, 2012

Father's Day & Matt's birthday

With Matt's birthday being June 19th, it usually falls on or around Father's Day.  I had a birthday idea in the works for a long time but it was pricey so I asked if he didn't mind that I combined gifts for both occasions (we normally try to avoid this).   He told me only if I didn't spend more than $20.  Haha, too late, I had already ordered it!  So we gave him his "birthday" gift Saturday before Father's Day so that he could have a couple days to enjoy it before he left on his trip to Philmont a couple days later.

This is his, "oh-no-you-didn't!" face. ;)
Matt has lovingly harassed me for awhile about getting an Xbox 360 and I have adamantly said NO.  Matt hasn't really ever been a gamer; he enjoys playing when he gets the chance but it isn't something he does frequently, but I was finally ready to let him step into that little world.  With moderation.  Now he can join the throng of his guy friends/brothers that play this shoot 'em up game online together.  I just hope I don't regret this purchase!!!  I know the kids will love the Kinect.

I do this every year with the kids (on Mother's Day and Father's Day) and it's something I hope we can always do.
(Preston's picture will be coming)

Happy Father's Day!!!

I made these from-scratch Andes mint cupcakes to take as dessert to Matt's family Sunday dinner to celebrate his birthday the coming week.  The lighting wasn't great as I hurried to take a picture before we ran out the door.  The frosting is a light green.  They were quite a bit of work, especially for a Sunday morning, and my frosting job is pretty weak, but everyone thought the cupcakes were delicious!

Matt's actual birthday was pretty low key since he was leaving early the next morning.  He and I did have the chance to go out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse on Saturday evening.  We didn't stay out long, it was just the perfect amount of time to have to ourselves.  I love walking around, being able to hold hands with my husband and not have to worry about 5 other little sets of hands. ;)  He still got birthday brownies smeared with Andes mint (notice a trend here??) and a candle to blow out to celebrate his day.
Happy Birthday, Matt!!!

No comments: