Thursday, December 13, 2012

December festivities

{Tail end of November}
Putting up Christmas lights the day after Thanksgiving
Gives me a heart attack every year when he gets up there!
Took the kids to see Wreck-It Ralph at the theater Thanksgiving weekend
Preston is the master poser at the moment, haha

Brooklyn was absolutely THRILLED to find out that her dance studio would be participating in the Queen Creek holiday parade!  Their float theme was The Grinch Who Stole Christmas and they were instructed to wear pajamas and have their hair done "Who"-style.  I kinda came up with our own thing and it turned out rather cute, I think!  She was in heaven, grinning from ear to ear, waving to all the parade-goers!
front
back

























Blake, Brooklyn and Gavin have been taking piano lessons for almost a year now and they had their second piano recital a couple weekends ago.  It's awesome to see their progression, even though getting them all to practice each week is a bit of a struggle.  They each played a Christmas song and a regular song.  Blake even had a duet with the teacher!



{boys' videos wont upload, i'll keep trying}



Last Monday for FHE, we headed over to the nursery to pick out a Christmas tree.  I was a bit disappointed with the selection this year.  I wanted a tall FULL noble fir, but all the tall ones were skinny things.   We settled on a shorter one that was pretty good looking.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I loved all your updates! It's good to know another girl that plays softball because when we were playing, we always had the hardest time finding girl subs. I love seeing what other people have in their fridges and pantries. Do you have a dozen mangoes in there?? We barely make it through 6! Preston's tantrums crack me up. In our last house, we found a lizard once and I was too much of a baby to catch it. I called my neighbor and had her send her 5 year old son to do it. :) Great Halloween costumes! It almost makes me want to dress up next year.