Sunday, December 16, 2012

Happy 1st Birthday, Hayden!!!

I swear, I just blinked and my baby girl is one year old!!

                                  From this:

                                                   To this:


Good morning, birthday girl!

Sassy little thing!!

I'm in LOVE her blue eyes (thank you Daddy!) and long eyelashes (thank you Daddy!)

Looking outside for Preston

New big girl car seat!

Crawling is still her preferred mode for getting around, but cruises along everything while barely holding on.  She'll stand on her own for quite awhile and will walk behind the push walker toy.

She adores her big sibs and get so excited to see them!  She loves her soft pink blankie and it pretty much comes everywhere with us.  We haven't come across a food she doesn't like yet!  She gives the sweetest open-mouth kisses.  She hates having her fingernails and toenails clipped.  She loves when we sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.  She is not a fan of getting her diaper changed.  She rips any headbands, clips or bows out of her hair.  She will go to ANYone, especially if you're wearing a necklace! ;)  She absolutely LOVES her Daddy.

Pictures from my iPhone over the last month~  I've become a bit of an Instagram addict!
Mexi-baby
First cookie from the grocery store
She loves these applesauce pouches!
Samples at Costco
I think this was her first time swinging at the park??!  Embarrassing.  She loved it!


We invited our families over to our house yesterday to celebrate Hayden's birthday.  We had sweet pork burritos/salad (Costa Vida copycat) with chips & Taylor's wonderful salsa.

Matt was incredibly helpful with party prep.  I have to give him credit for hanging all the decorations and blowing up the balloons!

I did this simple banner with Hayden's monthly pictures that I take.  It was so neat to see them all right in a row like that and really see how she has grown over the past year.

Strawberry lemonade to drink with cute striped paper straws

My mom had a designer at work put together this beautiful bouquet!  You can't really tell here but the Gerber daisies had shimmer on them.

Since we were feeding everyone a meal, I thought I'd do myself a favor and have someone make Hayden's cake and cupcakes.  BEST.DECISION.EVER.  Plus, the cake was sooooooo good!  Totally worth the $ and one less thing for me to stress about doing.

The smash cake
Beautiful cupcakes!

The BIRTHDAY princess~
I paid a ridiculous amount of money on Etsy for this outfit (I made the bow) but the adorableness made up for that!
"Running" from the paparazzi

Time for birthday cake! 

Daddy helps her dig in

Looking up at Daddy to be sure she gets this cake all to herself

Look at those daintily crossed feet, all while shoveling cake into her mouth by the fistful!

Daddy thought it would be cute to put the fondant dots all over her face...  
She's like, "what is going on here?"


 Hayden didn't quite get the concept of opening gifts so she had a bit of help from siblings and cousins.  We got her this chair with her name on it from Pottery Barn Kids, also referred to as her princess throne, and she LOVES it!  She immediately crawled up in it and sat there while she opened gifts.

See & Say from Grandma & Grandpa Hamilton

This picture is blurry but it shows all the helping hands she had. ;)

Trying out her new ride-on car from Aunt Becky & Uncle Taylor

And a picture with Uncle Joshua (13), who loves holding Hayden!

I cannot believe our baby girl is already one year old!  She brings so much joy to our family and we wouldn't be complete without her.  I'm so glad that I get the chance to do the girl thing again.  Hayden really has been such an easy-going baby and I'm kinda sad to say good bye to the infant stage, but can't wait to see what the next year brings.   We love you Hayden Claire!!

No comments: