Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Birthday to me!

Welp, another year has gone by, dang it!  32 years old!!  Some days I feel so old and others I feel so young!  Life is pretty sweet right now and I'm trying to enjoy it to the fullest!

For a little pre-birthday fun, my mom, Becky and I (plus little ones) went out to lunch.  We duplicated what the girls and I did while the boys were at Fathers & Sons, lunch at Gecko Grill then dessert at Sweet Tooth Fairy!  I had a reaaaaaaally hard time choosing which to pick, either a frosted sugar cookie or a cupcake, so what the heck, I just got both!

Hayden was ready to go home with Grandma!

On my actual birthday, Matt was sweet enough to have flowers delivered!  They were absolutely beautiful!!

Then he surprised me again by bringing home a cake from Sweet Tooth Fairy!!  He took notice of my recent obsession!  This really meant a lot to me since who wants to make their own birthday cake??
My gift- a picture drawn by Brooklyn, representing a shopping trip to get new furniture for our living room!  Yay!!

We had decided to feed the kids something quick, get them all ready for bed, then let Brooklyn officially babysit for the first time while we went out to dinner.   Matt showed her how to text me using his iPad so we got minute-by-minute details of what was happening back at home.  Haha!  We went to Blue Lemon, which I had been to in SLC last Fall, but they recently opened a location here in Gilbert so we checked it out.  We ordered an appetizer to share that was awesome then I had a sandwich and salad, which was also awesome!!  I ate every last bite, so good!!!
I got plenty of phone calls, texts and Facebook love from friends and family, who sure do know how to make a girl feel special!!

No comments: