Saturday, June 6, 2015

Scout Camp 1st timer & while he was gone...

Blake left for scout camp at Camp Raymond at the beginning of this week.  It's a little nerve-wracking sending your boy off for a week with everything he needs packed on his back! 

I liked getting a couple texts messages from Matt, letting me know Blake was, in fact, still alive!  Matt actually split his time between Camp Raymond with the deacons and the high adventure camp with the teachers and priests at Drift Fence Lake in the White Mountains.

While Blake (and Matt) were gone for the week, the kids and I played!

First, we checked out Makutu's Island using our PogoPasses.  I did not like this place.  It was insanely crowded and I felt crazy claustrophobic climbing through the tunnels with Hayden!  Of course we neede to stop for a little treat on the way home.

Later that week, we decided to check out Krazy Air in Mesa.  It was way, way, WAY better than Jump Street!!  They have a lot more variety of things to do.  We spent a couple hours there and had a blast!!
Preston loved practicing his American Ninja Warrior skills!
And I think Hayden jumped into the foam pit a million times.
Brooklyn found a dance friend that helped her with her back walk overs!

And then all of a sudden, I was hearing that it was National Donut Day??  Is this for real??!!  We stopped by Krispy Kreme on the way home for our free donuts!

Blake made it home in one piece, filthy as can be!  His feet were black.  I think he wore the same pair of socks all WEEK!  Boys are gross.  Haha!

1 comment:

Alanna said...

Hello, Palmer family! My name is Alanna Smith and for Christmas I just opened up... Your blog book! I'm Mormom (it looks like you are, too?) and also have five kids, so I think the blog book people just mixed us up! Anyway, I'm happy to send your book on to you if you want to contact me at alannachan@gmail.com.

Merry Christmas and sorry for the mix-up!