Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fathers & Sons a.k.a Girls Party!!

Last weekend, Matt took Blake and Gavin to our church's fathers and sons campout. It was the very first one they'd ever been one due to scheduling conflicts in the past few years! Although they were only gone for a little less than 24 hours, everyone had a good time.

This is the best you get of all four boys
- Blake, Andrew, Spencer and Gavin -
Playing with flashlightsDirty-faced, booger-nosed boy!Blake learns to be resourceful while eating breakfastSilly Bean! We call this his "pirate eye."
Meanwhile, back at home, it was just me, Brooklyn and my sister-in-law Kristin. The house was so quiet we didn't hardly know what to do with ourselves!!! Friday night, we went to the ribbon store (and spent who knows how much time and money there), came home and ate pizza, played Clue Jr. and Trouble, then watched Enchanted -- Brooklyn's choice. She outlasted both Kristin and I - we both fell asleep!! At 10pm, I had to haul her up to bed and she was out in two minutes flat. Then, she slept in til 8:30am the next morning!!!! Heaven! Kristin and I busted out all our bow-making supplies and went to work. I should have taken a picture of the table!!! It was covered with ribbons! Brooklyn kept asking when the boys would be back. I think she didn't know what to do with herself!! That was the first time her and Blake had been separated over night and boy was she glad when they walked in the door!!

6 comments:

Jen Hilton said...

Next time you go on a ribbon run,count me in!

Courtney said...

How fun to have a girls night!! My "girls night" when Shaune took Caden to the Father/Son Camp-out consisted of me and Dexter :) No girls around here yet...maybe one day though :)

Emily said...

That is so cute! Funny that she missed them. I always loved it when the other siblings left!

Underwood's in Cali said...

so where's a picture of all the bows? i can't believe that's the first time they've been separated for a night. I bet that had to be weird for Brooklyn. Looks like the boys had fun!

The Murdocks said...

That looks like fun. Your kids are so cute. ok, I know this is random but I was wondering if you could email me your recipe for the big sugar cookie on a baking sheet thing. You made it for the primary bbq last year and it had cream cheese frosting and strawberries and kiwi on top. It was sooooo good and I really want to make it. So if you could please email me that would be great. Sorry to ask through the blog. Hope all is well! brieannp@hotmail.com
Brieann

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

WOW! I hadn't checked blogs in a while and here you are pregnant and the wife of a Dr.! My goodness! CONGRATS!