Monday, August 11, 2008

SCHOOL'S IN!!!

Well, today was Brooklyn and Blake's first day of kindergarten!!! They were both muy excited when I woke them this morning. We had our outfits laid out, backpacks loaded up, lunches packed and all ready to go! On the drive to school, I was fueling them with reminders; sit quietly at your desk, ask your teacher if you need to go to the bathroom, don't throw away the plastic container or ice pack in your lunch box, blah, blah, blah. Poor kids!! Haha! Like they could remember all that!! I walked them to their classroom and helped them get settled. We gave hugs and kisses and exchanged "I love yous" and I did my best to remain composed and amazingly, I did!!!
Why are neither of my kids looking at the camera??!?

Today was pretty quiet at home, as you can imagine! Gavin enjoyed all the extra special one-on-one attention. I kept thinking about what Brooklyn and Blake would be doing all day and was anxious to get back to pick them up! They were excited to see me & Gav at the end of the day and chattered all the way home about their day. Blake's favorite part about kindergarten is the "park" (the playground) and Brooklyn's favorite part was that they got to do Play-Doh and blocks. They learned to sit in their seats the Franklin way (part of their school name) and hold their pencils the Franklin way and can you imagine they were actually EXCITED to do their homework??!? I wonder how long that'll last, LOL!

We went out as a family for a sweet treat after dinner to celebrate the first day of school. :)

















Matt gave them wonderful father's blessings Sunday afternoon and I'm so thankful that he could do that for them. I love Brooklyn and Blake so much and am so excited for them to start this new grand adventure of schooling. I just know they're going to soak up every little ounce that they can!

9 comments:

Underwood's in Cali said...

OMG- Kindergarten?? I can't believe you didn't start crying. It must have been so weird to not have them w/you all day

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I still can't imagine that your kiddos are in kindergarten?! I know that my kids will never get this old - will they? School seems so far from now it just doesn't seem possible.

Great job preparing them emotionally, physically, and spiritually for their new adventure!

Trenda said...

Looks like they had fun! Are they in the same class?

Brandy said...

They look so darn cute. Glad they are having so much fun. Hey, where did you get those ice packs??? I've been looking for them everywhere this year and can't find them....

JLynn said...

your kids are really cute. you're a really cute mom. :) are they in the same class??

summer c said...

Your sweet babies are so cute! Hunter isn't going to school till next year--his b-day is end of oct....pros and cons i suppose! But I am really questioning this.........will I cry? and if I do is it tears of joy or sorrow?

Courtney said...

Caden started pre-school this week and I about had a coronary :)
Glad to hear that you survived the big Kindergarten send-off day! How fun to get some one-on-one time with Gavin!

Becky Mutter said...

AH! Let the homework begin! Congrats on #4... perfect timing with 2 going into school. How are Blake's allergy issues? Do you worry about class pizza parties?? We're STILL trying to figure out Tyler's issues. ARGH!

Jamey said...

Wow you guys start school early in the year. It doesn't start for a couple more weeks here. I can't believe they are in kindergarten.