Sunday, October 26, 2008

High School Musical Mania!!

This past summer, Brooklyn and Blake discovered High School Musical. They are by no means obsessed with the movies, but we love the music!! :) I like the HSM movies just because they are refreshing; wholesome, clean movies, which you don't see much of these days.

About a month ago, I told Brooklyn that HSM3 was coming out in the theater and that I'd take her -- just mommy and Brooklyn -- to see it. She was counting down the weeks, telling everyone that we were going. I was having my doubts for a moment, thinking it's just too "old" for her with the premise being senior year in high school, but I couldn't crush her hopes now! I bought the soundtrack the day before and surprised Brooklyn with it, so we listened to it in the car and at home to get psyched up.Friday night came and it was time for our "girl date." That's what Brooklyn kept referring to it as!! LOL! We bought our tickets and then skipped over to Panda Express for a quick dinner. After we finished eating, we headed back to the movie theater, grabbed our popcorn and Icee and got seated. It was so fun to see the excitement in Brooklyn's eyes as the movie started! She was bopping in her seat when the different songs played, telling me that she knew this from her CD. She was pigging out on the popcorn and other snacks I had stashed away in my purse. By the last half of the movie, I could tell Brooklyn was getting tired. After all, it was past her normal 7:15ish bedtime. She hopped up on my lap and made herself cozy for the rest of the movie. The movie was super-cute and a great wrap up to the HSM era!!

All dressed up and ready to go!!

Dinner time!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Yummy treats!!

















Us girls!!
(I look so freakin' tired!!!)

We had a great time and I reminded her how fun it will be to be able to have "girl dates" since we are the only two girls in the family. I can't wait for the next one!!!

5 comments:

Weston & Jennie said...

Sounds like you two had a blast! I haven't even seen the first one. I think you both look great! I would love to come visit. Let me work on Weston and I will see what I can come up with. :)Sydney would love it. She is always asking me if we can go back to Disneyland with you guys. She always says "How about for my next birthday."
I am still waiting for pictures of the inside of the new house. ;)

mad white woman said...

How fun. Such a cute little girl date. I've never seen those movies, but maybe if I do, I will understand the hype.

Christensen's said...

Such a cute idea to have mommy- daughter dates! I think those movies are cute and I dont even have kids.. should I be embarrased?!?

Beka said...

I need a little girl to do stuff like that with!! I love those movies too:)!! Also I would love to make u a nursing cover but I don't remember when ur due so let me know

Kristin said...

oh what fun! thanks 4 all the great recipes...my fam is very happy.