Sunday, October 12, 2008

School recap thus far ~ Did I mention BOYFRIENDS??!?

B&B have finished up their 1st grading period (every 6 weeks at the school they attend) and I had my very first parent/teacher conference!! Their teacher, Mrs. Ctibor, is such a gem and does wonderful with the class! I love the little songs and mnemonics she uses to help teach various things like the months of the year, counting by 5s, etc. I have volunteered in their classroom each month for the past three months and really enjoy doing so; I wish I could more frequently! It's neat to get a peek at the dynamics of a kindergarten class and see how my two react to their new, daily environment.

I just got their progress reports since we are already midway through the second grading period and both are doing wonderfully academically. Their teacher told me that Brooklyn is a very hard worker and gets her work done quickly. Blake, on the other hand, has a bit of difficulty focusing on his work and staying on task. He is easily distracted by what is going on around him and worries more about what everyone else is doing as opposed to what HE should be doing. He's also struggling a bit in the handwriting department. I think it's simply because he doesn't want to spend the TIME making his letters neat and legible. He knows HOW to write them. We'll be working on these little issues and see if we can get an improvement.

Here is just some of the cute classwork they have brought home-









Here is a comparison of their writing at the beginning of the school year and then again at the end of the grading period -




<----Brooklyn Blake---->





Brooklyn is constantly drawing at home and she did one of these each for Matt and I and placed them on our nightstands. I love how she phonetically spelled "Daddy" :) -----

Seems like little miss Brooklyn is popular with the men-folk in her class!!! She proudly announced to me one afternoon that she had a boyfriend. WHAT??!? Already????? Yep, his name is Kaleb and apparently, he was KISSING her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! {*enter fainting smiley here*} Matt gave her this humongous guilt trip, which of course caused her to cry, poor little girl! We talked about how it's ok to have FRIENDS that are boys, but not BOYfriends and that we certainly don't let boys kiss us. Since then, she's been standing up for herself, but still tells me, "Garrett says he wants to marry me," or "Nicholas kissed my arm today." Goodness gracious. This is going to be a long 11 years before she can officially date!!

I love the school that they are at even though I have to drive 25 minutes each way to pick them up after school every day. Matt takes them to school every morning (except Mondays and days I volunteer in the class) on his way to work, which makes it super nice for me. It's great to see Brooklyn and Blake thriving in the classroom!!!

Meanwhile, I get to stay at home with THIS little munchkin!!! He loves having free reign of the house and running errands with Mommy. :) Not too much longer and he'll have to share me!!

2 comments:

Trenda said...

Sorry, I think Cade is the one who got Brooklyn started on the kissing!LOL! Good luck with that!

Anonymous said...

How cute! Brooklyn is a cutie! Good luck with that though! See you Thursday!