Sunday, March 21, 2010

Learning the Ropes

This morning, I got a reality check on being a mom to boys!!

Loving these ties from The Children's Place that go around the neck and have a little clip in the back. Ok, a bit obsessed. I buy up when they are in stock twice a year at Easter and Christmas. This isn't even all of them!! And some we even have x2 or x3 so the boys match!!!But now that Blake is older, the Children's Place ties are like regular men's ties. Matt has early morning meetings before church and I am left on my own to get all four kids and myself ready and out the door on time. Today I got out Blake's tie and realized that he hasn't worn that one yet, so it was untied. I had no idea how to tie a necktie, so I used the wonderful gift of modern technology and GOOGLED "how to tie a necktie." Immediately I received thousands of hits, chose a YouTube video and 5 minutes later, I had myself a pretty awesome double windsor knot going on! :) I was pretty proud of myself and Blake looked as handsome as could be!
I know there will be many, MANY more learning opportunities and experiences that come my way in the years to come. I'm learning a lot already, but there is soooooo much more that I have no idea about, I'm sure!! I mostly grew up with sisters since my brothers are much younger than I, so boys are a little uncharted territory, but I love my boys!!!

1 comment:

michelle parker said...

when eric had his shoulder surgery i had to help him tie his ties for work...must say i had NO idea what i was doing and still dont! i guess i will get a refresher course when landon gets older.