Saturday, March 27, 2010

Opening Day :+: Play Ball!!

Here we go again, it's that time of the year! Brooklyn and Blake have moved on up to bigger and better things -- COACH pitch. :) No more of that silly tee.

The league kicked the season off with a parade of all the teams, tball through majors. Here are our Kentucky Wildcats!! I love how you can't even see half the kids' faces because the coach is holding the banner up so high. Pfffft!
A few pictures from the game....
Brooklyn is the *ONLY* girl on her team this year. She's bummed about it but I told her she just needs to show those boys who's boss!!! LOL! I love her pink cleats, helmet and glove! At least she doesn't have to worry about anyone accidentally using her things! ;)










































This guy is anxiously awaiting the day when HE can play ball!!
Next year should be interesting with 3 kids playing on two different teams!

This guy was a trooper, lasted aaaaaaalllllll morning long, missed a nap and was happy as could be!! Fell asleep the second I put the car into drive. ;) Poor 4th child, being dragged around to older brothers' and sister's extra-curriculars!!!
I do have to say how proud I am of Blake especially. I was kinda thinking baseball just might not be his thing. But I was absolutely amazed at how much more aggressive and into it he already is this year! I'm hoping that he blossoms even more during the season.

I ♥ being a baseball mom.

1 comment:

Michele said...

That is so fun, I totally remember those days! Oh to be a kid again. I'm glad that the weather there is nice too- it's snowing here for april fools day today. Bummer. But your kids are super cute, I'm loving the pink-ness of Brooklyn! :)

P.S. We're still thinking of names... problem is, we have a nephew named Matthew already. :( Maybe Parker Matthew! We'll let you know what we come up with. ;)