Monday, March 22, 2010

SpRiNg BrEaK, Part 2 -- Up to the cabin!

Wednesday was a whirlwind of a day, packing up myself and the four kids to head to Gma & Gpa Lebaron's cabin for the remainder of the week. Matt didn't want to take vacation days off now (we're saving for very important trip next month!) so he stayed home.

The first thing we noticed when we arrived at the cabin was SNOW!! None of my kids have ever touched snow before. Crazy, I know. They've been deprived.
Brooklyn decided she'd give sledding a whirl. :)Preston had the very reaction I thought he would....
1. What is this stuff?2. Maybe I should taste it!
We had a movie night ~ The Princess & the FrogAnd of course made a trip down to the store in Pine to get CaNdY!!!!All the cousins in attendance minus a sad Spencer. Obviously Gavin was a little upset too.
The one thing I regret not taking a picture of is all the Bakugan brawling that went on!!! Cute Andrew called Josh, Blake and Gavin to make sure they brought their collection of Bakugan to the cabin so they could play together. It's some serious stuff, which I don't understand AT all.... Boys!

I love going to the cabin because the kids can run wild outside and I get a chance to relax a bit. It was a little challenging at times with a newly independent toddler on my hands, but overall the kids were great. And it was chilly so we did plenty of snuggling in blankets. I love being able to stay up late, talking girl-talk with my sister-in-laws. ♥ I missed Matt a lot (truly, not just because I was without his help) and was happy to get back home to him on Saturday. Of course not before Kristin and I picked up our copies of New Moon at the Payson WalMart, though. ;)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love that you take your kids to a cabin and on grand-adventure trips. (Just like the good 'old days!) I want to be a mom like that.