Saturday, February 12, 2011

This is OUR day

Wow, what a day!! My sweet baby twins are all grown up and were baptized today. My emotions were close to the surface all day as I watched them participate in these sacred ordinances and officially become members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I'm so proud of them for their choice to be baptized. They have been so, so, SO excited for this day! I'm not quite sure how I got old enough to have kids getting baptized.... :/We had lots of friends and family that helped us celebrated Brooklyn and Blake's special day. The room was packed to the brim!!! We shared the baptism with our good friends, the Turners. Todd was also born on the twins' birthday so we like to joke they were triplets separated at birth!
OUR FAMILY ♥
After the baptism, we had lunch at our house and I'm sure there were probably 50 or so people there!!! I was too busy running around, trying to make sure everything was running smoothly and food stayed refilled that I didn't get any pictures. We had sweet pork burritos/salads and cookies for dessert. A huge THANK YOU to my sister & sister-in-laws for helping with food!

We had some pictures taken of Brooklyn and Blake before their baptism by Jessica Drew, who is in our ward. We were thrilled with the results!! Here are a few favorites....
*** One funny story that has to be written down so we don't forget. After everyone had gone home, I asked Matt to make sure their wet clothing got laid out in the laundry room so I didn't find it all molded up in the car two weeks later. As Matt was unloading their bag, he held up Blake's undershirt. Then he made mention of me putting two undershirts for him in there and I was like, no I didn't. All of a sudden, Matt realized something... Blake had on his (Matt's) extra garment top that I had packed for him!!!!!!!!!!!!! We both BUSTED up laughing!! Matt told Blake to take off his dress shirt and sure enough, he had on Matt's huge ole top on the whole time after the baptism! I asked how in the WORLD that could happen (men.), Matt tried explaining that they were both trying to get redressed in this tiny bathroom stall and (obviously) he wasn't paying that much attention when he handed Blake his "undershirt" to put back on. I'm glad we had something to laugh about that day!

No comments: