Monday, August 8, 2011

First Day of School <> Gavin Goes to Kindergarten!


We've done it all~ movies, LOTS of swimming, library summer reading program, cabin trips, children's museum, etc.

Fingernails have been trimmed, hair is cut. New school supplies, uniforms and shoes have been bought. We're all ready to get back into a good routine.

Today was the first day of school -- two 3rd graders and a brand new kindergartener!!!I love this picture of Gavin. His ears, his "squirl," (what he calls his cowlick in front), his freckles that sprinkle across his nose and cheeks.Gavin was SO excited to start {half day} kindergarten today. I tried to convince him to stay at home with me forever, but it didn't work. He is such a sweet, sweet boy. When I picked him up, he said his first day was AWESOME!!

This was very reminiscent of when I sent the twins off to kindergarten. I had one child left at home with me, but due with a baby between semesters of school. Preston tells me he's going to 1st grade at his "yittle school." I sure hope he isn't disappointed when it's just me and him for half the day!! I'm looking forward to a little one-on-one time with Presty before baby sister arrives. I'm sure he'll enjoy having the whole house to himself!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Time has flown by! Your kids are so cute and big(ger)! I commented a few posts down too... but in answer to your question about running...
David has trained this summer for a few half marathons he's done. He's not usually in "relay running shape" all year... I would say just in the summers. Up in this cold weather we can only run outside for part of the year. :(