Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween Time

This year for the ward Trunk or Treat, Matt decided that we must dress up.  I agreed, only if we did a "couples" costumes.  We ended up dressing as Waldo and Wenda. :)
Brooklyn & Blake - Hermione Granger & Harry Potter
Gavin - Pikachu
 Preston - lobster
 Hayden - watermelon

 BOO!!

Just before Halloween, we actually CARVED our pumpkins!  I think last year, we didn't even buy pumpkins and a couple years ago, we bought pumpkins but never carved them.  I wanted the kids to take charge on what they'd be carving instead of Matt making a stencil out of whatever character they like, then him carving their pumpkin.  Brooklyn insisted upon Hello Kitty so Daddy did help her. ;)

Finished products~  

 Happy Halloween!  This is what we came up with for outfits- #black&orange
Halloween night, I made one of our favorite chicken veggie soups with homemade rolls and orange jello jigglers, which we ate before heading out to trick-or-treat.   Yum!

I'm always torn....  I want to go out trick-or-treating with the kids, BUT I love handing out candy and glow sticks to all the trick-or-treaters!  Our neighborhood is hopping on Halloween night!!!!  We ended up staying out together longer than anticipated so we were literally dumping handfuls of candy into the bags of kids that came by after we got back!

Trick or treat!!
 Preston got all offended when one person called him a crab. haha
 Oooooo!   What's in here??

(I'm bummed that I didn't get better pictures of my kids in their costumes. *sigh*)

No comments: