Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Dance Recital 2013

For whatever reason, the studio didn't do pictures this year, so I set up a makeshift "studio" and took my own, thankyouverymuch.


When I look at these photos, I can't help but think how beautiful Brooklyn is!!  It flashes me right forward and makes me wonder how she'll look/dress/be when she's a teenager.  I know those days aren't too far off.

Brooklyn's dance recital was Saturday night.  This past year, she only did intermediate ballet at Dance Matrix.  Once again, she's definitely grown by leaps and bounds, no pun intended.  It's so fun watching her dance on stage.  She's usually front and center since she knows the routine perfectly.

Matt & I, the boys (we left Hayden at home with a sitter), Matt's mom, Emily and Grandma LeBaron came to support her.

We're debating on whether or not to switch studios, to see if Brooklyn can be at a place with a little more discipline and focus on technique.  If dancing is going to be her "thing," I want to make sure she's getting great training with opportunities to perform.  It's hard to leave the place where she has danced for the past 5 years!   She knows and loves the teachers there, plus it's so close to us.  I think Brooklyn will be trying out a dance camp at a different studio and we'll go from there.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Your "makeshift" photos look WAY better than Clara's that I paid $30 for. I was super annoyed. :)