Friday, June 21, 2013

Father's Day & Matt's Birthday

Father's Day and Matt's birthday are always pretty close to each other, if not on the same day.

Our anniversary, my birthday and Mother's Day are within one month of each other.

I've always made a big deal about not combining gifts for these occasions.  However, in the justification of splurging a bit, I combined Matt's Father's Day and birthday gift.... and gave it to him a day early.  I rarely do that, just because it irritates Matt- he can't stand the suspense and I'm so nonchalant about it.  I did want him to be able to use his gift on Father's Day, though, plus I needed help with it.

BOOM!  A new grill + accessories

I had it delivered to our friends' house down the street from us a couple weeks in advance, then had Derek help wheel it down the street with his hand truck.  That sucker weighed 125 lbs!!!  Matt was VERY surprised AND happy!  Our current grill is about 7 years old and is falling apart.  I'm always afraid it's going to explode every time we light it!  Matt had been complaining about it more earnestly lately so I took his cues and did some research to find a well built grill that will last.  This isn't any behemoth grill but it will suit our needs just fine.

Father's Day breakfast~

Candy bar poster for Dad!

Making some MEAT for dinner on his new grill!

And the tradition of taking a picture with each of the kids on Father's Day~~~~~


 I love this picture of Matt & his girls!!

And the whole crew!

Of course we took a quick visit up to see both our Dads for Father's Day.  We're so grateful for such good men in our lives.



Matt's 33rd birthday was on Wednesday and pretty uneventful since he was working all day.  I was planning on making dinner but the birthday boy decided that he wanted to eat out instead so we went to Serrano's.
We came home with the intention to have pizzookies for dessert but things went downhill really quickly and I'm sad to say that it wasn't a happy ending to Matt's birthday.  :(  Summertime is hard on everyone, being off schedule and unfortunately tempers sometimes get the best of you and tantrums happen.  I hope Matt at least had a smidgen of a happy birthday.

No comments: