Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Then there was November!!!

I'm failing miserably at keeping up on this blog!

The holiday season just steamrolls on through.

Anyway, November.  Packed to the brim!

We surprised the kids by taking them to see The Lion King at Gammage.  Neither Matt nor I had seen it before, but WOW!!  The costuming was INCREDIBLE!!  It pretty much followed along with the movie, but it's amazing to see a production live on stage.  We love seeing musicals and we want to get the kids started young so they can develop a love for the arts.  This was perfect!!

The second weekend in November, I went to Time Out for Women with my mom and sister.  This was my third year attending and it was their first.  We made it a girls weekend and stayed overnight in a nearby hotel.  There were tears and laughter and the Spirit was intense.  I absolutely love going, feeling uplifted and recharged.

This was a treat for my mom- one of the presenters,
S. Michael Wilcox, was her high school seminary teacher!!
Kristin was there with her college roomies too!


Then the very NEXT weekend, I headed to San Antonio, Texas for another girls weekend!  This time, it was to meet up with a special group of ladies that I've "known" online for 10 years, since we were all pregnant together.  A couple of these women I had met in real life before, but most I had not.  Matt was a little worried to send me off to "strangers" nearly 1,000 miles away!  We stayed near the Riverwalk and we walked, shopped, ate, stayed up late, laughed and cried together!

One of the ladies, Robyne, is a runner as well and so we ran a couple times in the morning.  It gave me a new appreciation for the dry weather we have in AZ!  The second day we ran, I came back DRENCHED in sweat with my eyes BURNING!!!

The Alamo!

Breakfast in the shape of Texas~

Trying on sombreros in the Mexican market.  
And then we saw the "no pictures" sign.  Oops!

Lunch at Mi Tierra!

All of us~
Tina Falkner, Stacey Rowland, Monica Herman, Leigh DeVane, Robyne Brennan (front), Jeanne Harvey, Amanda Griffith (front), Paula Jackson, me


Matt & the kids came to pick me up from the airport and we literally drove straight out to Gold Canyon where the Hamilton side of the family all met at the Mining Camp Restaurant to celebrate the family birthdays.


Cutie pie Gavin was Star Student for a week~


Blake earned his ARROW of LIGHT award in cub scouts!


The week of Thanksgiving, we had a house full of sickies, including me.  I ran the Mesa Turkey Trot 10K Thanksgiving morning then pretty much did nothing for the rest of the day.  We didn't want to share our germs so we stayed home.  And since I wasn't up for making a full turkey dinner for ourselves, I made creamy chicken soup and rolls.


Next day, we took the kids to see Frozen~ cutest movie!!!  Except Hayden was a pickle and Matt missed the entire movie.  Somehow I thought a 23 month old would do ok at the theater, during naptime?  I forget.

And I think that about sums it up!!

No comments: