Saturday, January 11, 2014

A New Sport for Blake

Blake has been begging and begging and BEGGING to play basketball on a team, but since we live out of the city limits and don't have our own recreation department, I haven't been able to find a league for him to join.  Finally, I stumbled upon one that practices and has games very nearby!  Blake was overjoyed when I told him I signed him up for basketball!

I was pretty nervous at first, since this was his first real experience playing basketball, and age 11, I was sure all the other kids on his team would be miles ahead of him in skill.  Thankfully, he got put with an amazing and patient coach!!  Blake is the smallest on the team and the only blonde. ;)

First game day!
Blake doesn't actually handle the ball very much, but I don't think he would care if he EVER touched the ball, he just loves being there, playing!  We found that basketball is a much better fit for him because of the constant motion.  It is so fun to watch him running up and down the court with his teammates!

Blake is #10 - Go Cobras!!
He has the ball!!!
Grandma & Grandpa Palmer came to cheer him on!

I'm glad he's getting the opportunity to try it out and see if it's his "thing."  We're hoping that this may be something he can continue with and will definitely play with this league again!

No comments: