Friday, March 20, 2015

Field Trippin' Round 2

Now Gavin's turn!!  

I can't tell you how ecstatic he was to have me along for the ride!  He even wanted to sit with me on the bus!!  His cute little frinkles....  {love}

The third graders headed up north about an hour away to the Living Pioneer History Village.  It's over 90 acres of an old 1800's town with authentic buildings and historically accurate reproductions.  Volunteers are dressed in period clothing at certain sites.  I remember going there a very long time ago with my family.  I was actually excited for this one!!

I had a group of 5 kids to watch over- Gavin (of course), Holdyn, Riley, Alessandra and Katie.  
They were crazy serious about the poses.  Every.single. time.

Panning for gold ~~~
::they all got a small vial to take home their gold nuggets in::
 More posing at the miner's cabin...
 Checking out the old schoolhouse!
 See??   Posing.
 And more, 
 AND MORE!!!  
I was seriously dying.  Every time I told them to gather for a pic, they immediately struck a pose!

We all gathered together for a bad guys vs good guys wild west showdown.  Even though they just shoot blanks, they talked to the kids about gun safety, which I really liked!


After the show, we ate our sack lunches then loaded the buses and headed back to the school.  My kiddos were really well behaved and it made for a pretty enjoyable field trip!

No comments: