Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Gavin plays baseball...reluctantly

Where to start with this one....... *sigh*

Back in January, I registered Gavin and Preston for baseball.  I remember Gavin saying last season was his last but I figured that time had passed, he'd probably forget about that and we'd be good to go for another season.  Boy was I WRONG!!!

Gavin was NOT happy that I signed him up for baseball again!  He said that he would not play, he never even wanted to play.  I argued with him that the money was already spent and that he WOULD play or there would be consequences.  It was a fight to get him to the first couple practices, there were tears and yelling, it was a mess!  I was determined that he was going to play no matter what, but then I stopped myself.  All this contention and chaos for what?  The money didn't really matter.   I let him know that I was sorry and that I wasn't going to force him to play baseball if he didn't want to, it was his choice.  And guess what?  He decided he would play.

Gavin is on the Greensboro Grasshoppers this year in the rookie division.  He even has a friend from his school class on his team!  His coach is very patient with him in working on his hitting skills.  He's gotten a couple of hits already, he just never does it while I have the camera out!

Look at that cute smile!

***Note to self- ASK Gavin if he'd like to play baseball before signing him up next year. ;)

No comments: