Tuesday, April 14, 2015

LUCKY 13!



We celebrated our anniversary by eating out at Fleming's Steakhouse Friday night and WOW, was that an experience!  And I literally mean an experience.  They do not rush you at all!  We spent about 1.5 hours there, fully enjoying each course of our meal.

Our waitress recommended tenderloin carpaccio for an appetizer.  That red stuff is super thin sliced RAW tenderloin.  I was sure I was going to keel over and die from eating it, but it was surprisingly good!  And I lived!

The spread - oh my gosh, it was all so GOOD!!   I ordered the lemon rosemary chicken with spinach gnocchi, Matt ordered the biggest bone-in ribeye!  We shared the Fleming's potatoes and grilled asparagus.  Mmmmmm!

Meat and potatoes, meat and potatoes!

Dessert, chocolate lava cake with vanilla ice cream

They left this anniversary card, a box of chocolate truffles and a gift card for us

I'm grateful that Matt still loves me after all these years despite the fact that he often comes home to a disastrous house, I spend too much money Target and buy the kids too many clothes, I let the laundry pile up so high until we're in dire straights, I often don't know what we're having for dinner, I nag, I whine, I yell.

But I still love holding hands and I cherish quiet time together, when we get it.

He tells me that I'm beautiful, no matter how I feel about myself.  He always kisses me before he leaves for work, even if I'm still sleeping.

I'm a lucky lady!

No comments: