Wednesday, December 31, 2008

He's here!!!

Big sister Brooklyn and big brothers Blake and Gavin are proud to announce the arrival of

Preston Milo

Born Saturday, December 27, 2008

8:01am

8lbs. 9 oz.

20.5 in.

We're all home, healthy and doing well! Everything went great with the c-section and I would have to say that was the easiest one yet, although I did have one little blip when the lovely "spinal headache" showed up on Monday. Not fun having a raging migraine the second you sit up and practically the only thing that magically helps is lying flat on your back! A quick visit from the anesthesiologist and an epidural blood patch later, I was good to go. :)

I was most surprised by the amount of hair Preston has because Gavin was pretty much bald!! And we didn't escape the funky hair "issues" with this one, either! He has a double crown on the back of his head! He's a pretty good size baby for being a week and a half early - he surely would have been over 9 lbs had I gone to term! Although 8 lbs 9 oz SOUNDS decent size, it's amazing how tiny he still is! You forget how small they start out!!! After staring at the baby and comparing pictures of the other kids as babies, we think Preston mostly looks like Blake, just darker. You can also see a bit of Gavin, so maybe a good mix of the two boys? We shall see in the next couple months who he evolves into.

Life is good and I'm so glad that we have been blessed with another tiny spirit in our home to love and care for!!

Now some pictures ~~

Last belly shot, taken right before leaving for the hospital. I know I look tired; I got less than 5 hours of sleep the night before! Oh yah, I got my hair cut a couple weeks ago, too! :)
Fresh out of the womb! Mommy, Preston and Daddy
Hanging out in recovery, waiting for MommyGavin gets to love on his new lil' bro!
Checking out the baby
Doing what newborns do best!
All dressed up and ready to go home!Not sure whether he's liking the carseat, but he was a good boy
on the way home and didn't make a peep!!
Can't get enough of this little munchkin!

24 comments:

Jessica said...

How sweet. Congratulations. I have been wondering how you are doing. Can't wait to see more pics.

The Smith's said...

Congrats. He is so cute and looks like the other boys.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! He is so cute!

Erin said...

He is so cute! Lindsay, you look great. Congrats and I hope you are getting some sleep!

JLynn said...

Congrats Lindsay and matt!!! He looks so fun and snuggly! What a great way to start '09! No better way than welcoming a new baby to your family!! Enjoy his newborn yumminess! ;) I love his name, so cute!! Congrats again!

Beka said...

CONGRATS Lindsay & Matt! #4!! Wow! He looks so sweet, cant wait to meet him in person:)!! What a way to celebrate the new year!

Jen Hilton said...

He looks so darling.Can't wait to hold him!

mad white woman said...

Congrats! He sure looks like your other kids. Oh the sweetness of a newborn.

Trenda said...

I'm glad that eveything went well! Good luck with four kids! He is adorable.

Jamie said...

He is very handsome. I'm glad everything went well. I was kind of hoping that Treyton would win the name choice, but I like Preston too:) He is darling and looks like a lot of fun!

Unknown said...

Congrats you two!! Everyone looks happy. I really like your hair. You look good. Tired, but good. I still need to call you back. Let me know when are good times for you so that we won't get interrupted. He is very cute! I agree about how small they start. Even the big ones.
(This is Jennie)

Underwood's in Cali said...

Ahhh, so cute! congrats on the new addition. I too love the hair :)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Congrats! I cannot believe you are now a mother of 4! You're an inspiration!

Maren said...

congrats on the babe. he is so cute. i definitely see his siblings in him for sure! hope things are smooth sailing for you. i want to bring you dinner, let me know when would be best. (after the ward stops coming)

Michelle said...

Congrats! He's a cutie! You look good too! Like the hair cut. I never saw Blake as a baby, but he reminds me a lot of Gavin. Is his hair a little reddish, or is that the lighting? Good luck, it's so fun to have a new little one around!

Jenna said...

Congratulations! What fun to have a newborn again...and what a job too! Hope things work well for ya...call me in the middle of the night if you're bored...(unfortunately my little 5 month old won't sleep through yet!!!). (:

Emily Widdison said...

oh Joy! Congrats! I don't know how I missed this post...I was keeping my eyes out for it! congrats! He is beautiful and looks like your other boys to me. We had our babies about a week apart! Don't you just love newborns! I just keep smelling her and cuddling and I just want to gobble her up!

Kristin said...

A keeper for sure! happy to help whenever - whatever. Glad the blankies work...Spence was the same way.
Do you have to change the blog name now? ;P

Lindsay Skinner said...

He's so cute! Congratulations! I love the name too.

Courtney said...

Congrats! He is PERFECT!! What a doll! Glad you are doing well!

Brandy said...

He is beautiful!! congrats!!

Heather said...

Congratulations!! He's adorable. I'm glad everything went so well.

Carrie Anne said...

Congratulations! I am so glad that everything went so well for you & that he is so healthy! Oh they are so sweet at this newborn age. I can't believe how fast your pregnancy went! And I love how cute you are pregnant...you just pop out front & don't gain anywhere else! LUCKY! Love the new hairdo!

Brooke said...

Congrats on the baby boy! I am glad everything went well. And I echo Carrie in that you look great and I too gain weight over my whole body but you just seem to pop out a cute little bball tummy. I was never confident enough to stand in front of a camera when I was pregnant! good for you!