Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Twilight, the Movie Event


My little sis, Brittney, and I saw Twilight opening day. Neither of us could wait any longer than that! We caught a 9:30pm showing and I can't believe I actually stayed awake!! There were plenty of die-hards there and a couple of guys that I'm sure were dragged into coming along! I was really excited to see the movie, but I didn't go in with high expectations just because movies hardly ever do the book justice. And just a disclaimer- I'm not completely obsessed with the whole Twilight series like a lot of people are. I just really, REALLY enjoyed the books and had to see the movie! :)

All in all, I thought the movie followed the story line very well. However, I can't say that I was super impressed. It was just *eh* for me. Obvsiously low budget. Too many of the actors didn't jive with the characters I'd pictured in my head. Alice was the most perfect match, though!! How cute was she?!?!? I wanted to feel much more passion and desire between Edward and Bella. And the vamps were FREAKISHLY white!!!!! I seriously almost laughed OUT LOUD when Carlisle appeared on screen! It was like he was dipped in flour!! The first half of the movie was a little slow going but it picked up in the second half. I LOVED the baseball scene and the end of the movie was cheesy, but a perfect set up for the next movie.

Of course I'll see future movies that are released and probably buy them as well. I can't wait to see where they go with the rest of the books, especially the last one!!!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I had low expectations for the movie and was still a little disappointed. It just didn't do it for me. Of course I'll see subsequent ones though. :)

I also loved the baseball scene. It was probably my favorite.