Saturday, November 29, 2008

$$ BLACK FRIDAY $$

{this is not what I looked like yesterday morning!}

I'll just preface this by saying YES, I am crazy!!! Good. I'm glad we got that out of the way. ;)

I LOVE shopping on Black Friday!! Heck, who am I kidding -- I love shopping on ANY day!! I poured over the ads, listed out the items I was interested in getting at each store on a post-it note and attached the post-it to the corresponding store ad. There was no one item I just HAD to have, but there were a lot of things I WANTED to have. LOL!

My stops for the day included:

KOHL'S - Opened at 4:00am. I arrived at the store at 2:30am and was 10th in line! Told you I was crazy!!! ;) It paid off because I got *ALMOST* everything I wanted including a keyboard, a bedding set for Matt & I (hooray!), a new memory foam pillow for Matt. various bath towels, a rug, a couple kids books and a throw blankie for snuggling on the couch in the evenings. The only thing I didn't get was a 600 thread count sheet set for $40, but I'll be heading back for that next week and using my Kohl's cash that I acquired. Let's just hope it's back in stock by then; I'll be one happy girl!! I stood in line for over ONE HOUR, but it really didn't seem that long. I did good!

TARGET
- Opened at 6:00am. I was in line outside the store at 5:45am with HUNDREDS of other people. There were two entrances and 3 minutes before the doors were supposed to open, a Target employee so kindly tells us that they will only be opening the OTHER doors, not the doors I'm waiting in line at. You'd think they could have had a sign or said something maybe 10 minutes before they opened??!? This created a mad chaotic rush as people were hustling to the other line, but then just decided to cut in front of people that had been waiting much longer when the doors opened. I waited politely until a good majority of the line had gone in before I entered the store. I had grabbed a cart, then quickly ditched it in the toy section when it was apparent there was no way I was going to be able to navigate through the masses with that thing + my pregnant belly. I got all the items I had intended (6 to be exact) and headed to the front to check out. The lines were super quick and I was outta there! Probably because half the Queen Creek population was back in the electronics department!!!

TOYS R US - Opened at 5:00am. I think I got there around 6:45am. Lots and LOTS of people, of course!! I do have to say that they are very organized with the crowds, only allowing certain amounts of people in the doors at a time, then keeping the check-out line around the perimeter of the store as not to clog up the aisles for the people still shopping. Again, I got every item I wanted, plus one extra. ;) It felt like I was in line for forever here!!! I'm guessing probably 45 minutes or so.

HOME DEPOT - Don't know when they opened and I only wanted ONE item here for Matt. I got it and was in and out of there in less than 10 minutes. Not busy at all!!

I made a quick trip inside a different Kohls on my way home just to make sure they didn't have the sheet set I wanted but no luck there. :( And the line was still insanely long to wait for just one item.

I was home shortly after 9:00am. I'd have to say my experience was pleasant over all! I didn't see any pushing and shoving and everyone seemed to be pretty polite. It would have been fun to have someone to go with, but people in line were friendly and chatty. And I did happen to see THIS lovely blogging friend and her hubby! I can't imagine those who stand in line for HOURS for the limited number big ticket items!! If we ever want one of those, I'll for sure be sending Matt in cause I'm not mean enough to fight through! ;)

I did go to bed at 9:45pm the night before so I got SOME sleep, but still had to take a nap and then was EXHAUSTED by 8:00pm last night! Oh, the sacrifices we make for good deals!!

9 comments:

Jenna said...

Good for you! (I love the color-coded words!) (:

mad white woman said...

You are crazy! I'm glad you mustered enough energy to come hang out with us Friday last night. :)

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I'm impressed.

The Smith's said...

sounds a lot like my day

Heather said...

It was fun seeing you at the mall yesterday. You're ambitious to go shopping with all your kids by yourself.

Let's definitely get together before we leave.

Lindsay Skinner said...

Sounds like a great day! I also love Black Friday shopping, but I didn't head out until 9am or so as there wasn't really anything I was needing or wanting this year.

Jessica said...

I love Black Friday also! Sadly though, it is a tradition that Ryan goes fishing all of Thanksgiving weekend (after dinner is over). I didn't let it stop me from going out though. I hit a couple stores in the morning and the mall in the afternoon. I had 4 kids in tow the whole time (my three and an extra 5 yr old I was watching). People looked at me like I was crazy, but all the kids were great and we had a blast!

Carrie Anne said...

i'm so proud of you! i wanted to go but didn't need anything dang it! but if i were there with you i would have gone with you!!! i thought of you that day!

Anonymous said...

If I am ever here for Thanksgiving, give me a call, I'd love to go with! But I there wasn't too much that I wanted to get this year, so in Tucson I went to Target by myself and got a few things, but that was it!