Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day - 2008

I have to admit, I'm not very savvy when it comes to politics. It's just not in my blood. I don't study up on the candidates (national and local) or the issues at hand. Of course I know where I stand on important issues. I have not been thrilled with either presidential candidate, honestly, and just felt like I had to choose the lesser of two evils.

Still, I feel it's a privilege and honor to be able to vote as a citizen of the United States. Gavin and I made our way to the polls this morning. He thought we were going on a "BOAT!" Haha! We were in and out in about 20 minutes. I'm glad that I contributed my vote. I just don't know if I can stand to watch all the coverage tonight. Should be interesting!!

And being the cheesy mom that I am, I dressed all three kids in red, white & blue in honor of the day! When I told Blake it was election day, he thought they didn't have school because of it!! LOL! I don't know if they'll be "voting" in school today, but we told them who our vote was for.

2 comments:

mad white woman said...

I told someone I think it's harder to vote for the lesser of two evils than it is the greater of two goods.

I wish I could go on a boat ride when I vote!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

I hadn't realized that it had been so long since I last checked in on you. You have lots of posts. I LOVE the Pumpkin Patch pictures, especially the ones of the corn husks. You got me all excited when I read your girls night out with Brooklyn. I look forward to those special trips with my own girls. I'm already seeing Abby grow in to more of a girl than a toddler and it just cracks me up! Looks like life is treating you well. We miss you here!