Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Mary, Mary Quite Contrary

How Does {YOUR} Garden Grow?

A little over a month ago, we got our supplies together and planted a garden in our backyard. We let the kids get in on the action and I'm afraid I've ruined them because they were complaining they'd get dirty if they dug in the garden with their hands. Of course they have no problem getting dirty of their own free will and choice!!!Please just ignore this most unflattering picture of me, psycho hair, g's hanging out and all!!! I didn't seem to get a pic of how the garden started out so this is as good as it gets!!
What are we GROWING in our garden you ask?

Cucumbers
Yellow Squash

Zucchini

Tomatoes - both Early Girl and Cherry varieties

Green bell pepper

Green onions

Cantaloupe

Watermelon


This is the garden NOW!!! WOW!!
We've watched our plants grow and grow and GROW!! We're finally starting to see the FRUITS of our labor - pun intended! ;) Our garden officially overfloweth!! Literally! I think we planted a little more than our planter could handle. We'll be up to our eyeballs in veggies in a few weeks! And I know this is just the start of the melon vines, oh boy!

Zucchini
SquashThe tiniest little cucumber you ever did see!Our lone red tomato so far!Green onion hairsBell peppers, fighting to survive. Not sure these are gonna turn out. :-/Cantaloupe vine, creeping over the edgeWatermelon vines going everywhere!Oops!!!! What else is that I see????
Our very own Cabbage Patch Kid perhaps??!??! ;)
And on the citrus front.....

Look at my BIGGEST grapefruit!!!!And we have LOTS of little oranges between the three trees! Yipee!
I can't WAIT to taste the first of the food from our garden! It always tastes SO much better than what you get at the grocery store! I'm sure we'll have plenty to go around, so just stop by Palmer's Farmers Market for produce home-grown with love!! ♥

5 comments:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Dude! Gardens are in right now! I feel like I keep hearing about people planting their gardens. Peer pressure may start to get the best of me. You'd think the Prophet's admonition would be enough, but alas, I'm a sucker for peer pressure. Refer to post on caving & reading Twilight. ;o)

WAY TO GO!

Kasey said...

Forget the garden! I'll take the baby!

mad white woman said...

Not like that! I only planted tomatoes this year... because I was bitter that last year not one tomato plant survived.

Anonymous said...

By the title of this post I thought you were going to do an ode to me! Congrats on the garden! I have yet to grow one- I know, I know a dissapointment to my name, but I can't be practically perfect in everyway! ;~)

Agnes said...

Your garden is beautiful! Nice work! :) come plant our please :)