Sunday, September 13, 2009

QC North Stake Does Broadway

Last night, each ward from our stake put on performances from a Broadway musical.

Wicked (my kids actually thought we were going to SEE Wicked, oops!)
Phantom of the Opera (which started a small obsession....)West Side Story -- these cute girlies singing "I Feel Pretty"Les Miserables (our ward)
And this cute, very talented, very large family (+ one in the oven)!! They all took their turns singing various songs from movies- Fiddler on the Roof, Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, Oklahoma- in between the acts.Preston clapped on cue. Adorable.
It was fun to watch the performances and took me back to the old roadshows back in the day. :)

Since we got home last night, the kids have talked non-stop about THE PHANTOM. I downloaded the entire soundtrack from iTunes and we watched the movie as a family this afternoon. It makes me CRAZY EXCITED because Matt and I have tickets to see Phantom of the Opera at the beginning of November!!!!!!!!!!! Yipee!!!!

1 comment:

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

What a great idea! Congrats on the Phantom tix! Aaron just took me for my last birthday! I loved it!