Thursday, September 3, 2009

Costco sweet Costco

The little boys and I headed off to Costco today to pick up tortillas and baby carrots for our contribution to lunch at a family reunion this weekend. Pretty frequent-like, I pack a little lunch for Gavin to eat while we're out because we pretty much have to drive awhile to get to places like Costco or our favorite clothing stores. So Gavin brings along this "little black bag," which he has claimed as HIS. It came with a hospital diaper bag, it's intended use for bottles, I'm pretty sure. But it comes in handy and is the perfect size for an ice-pack, a juice box, a cheese stick, sliced apples and half a sandwich. :)
I love that Preston can sit up in the shopping cart now. I'm sure he prefers viewing the world from this angle while we're out and about as opposed to reclined in his carseat. It was fun to have Gavin and Prest sitting next to each other for our adventure. I think Gavin liked it too! :)
After we got our items, I told Gavin we could get an ice cream. Of course, everything at Costco comes in sizes of epic proportions!! There is no WAY a 3 year old could/should eat this much ice cream!! I lovingly reminded him often that he doesn't want to eat too much or else he may get a belly ache. Gav only ate 1/4 of it and then handed it off to me so I just had to finish it off. Before it melted. ;) Yum!
iGav. This kid loves listening to my iPod! He is constantly asking me, "What song is this? Who sings this song?" while we're listening to the radio in the car. He perks up when songs come on that he knows and loves. I'm amazed at his ability to remember lyrics to songs. And he's awesome at pinpointing songs that are on Guitar Hero! ;) Yesterday we had a dance party to the newest songs I downloaded to my iPod. Such a cutie!
Gav's playlist (if he had one):
Don't Stop Believin' by Journey
So What by P!nk
Delilah by The Plain White Tees
Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis
What I've Done by Linkin Park
I'm Yours by Jason Mraz
Wicked Soundtrack
HSM3 Soundtrack

Here is a picture of the tortillas and baby carrots. WHAAAAAT? You can't SEE any tortillas or baby carrots, you say???! Perhaps it's because all my OTHER purchases are in the way! (Did I mention that I just went to Costco last week?!? 'Cause I did...) Darn Costco. It just grabs you in, then makes you spend all that money!! LOL! Dangerous, I tell ya!

4 comments:

Emily Widdison said...

I loved your adventures in Costco post. I don't go to costco very often because it DOES draw you in:)

Chasey Family said...

Your gonna love Wii Sports Resort, it's sooo fun! We love it at our house! :)

Kasey said...

Whenever we go to Costco and get icecream I ask them to only fill it half way. I know Ky won't eat it all if it's full, but if it's half she will then I won't eat the rest. Cause you know I'd feel guilty tossing it. I always walk out of that place spending $100 without fail!

Heather said...

I need a Costco passport! (I want/hope to get one before the holidays) And I love that you got 'My Little Pet Shops'! Are they for you .... or for Brooklyn, ... or for being good? (Then they could be for both of you!) LOL!