Monday, August 31, 2009

PrOjEcTs

Since the twins have gone back to school, I feel like I can get more accomplished throughout the day, on my terms. Gavin is very, very good to play by himself or sit still long enough to watch a full Disney movie. The baby is also super content to play with toys and is on a great napping schedule. Soooooo, I've tackled a few items on the "TO DO" list in the past four weeks since school started.

#1 -- Organizing clothing bins

During the great clothing switch out at the end of each season, I try to stay on top of putting the clothes into the designated bins right away. But for some reason, this just got away from me. I had two enormous laundry baskets stacked high with clothes and shoes that needed to go into their appropriate Rubbermaid tote. Clothes from winter season, too small clothes, clothes that I had pulled out of bins for various cabin/camping trips, clothes that the baby has outgrown, etc. I dragged aaaallllllll the bins in from the garage and went through each bin to reorganize and add to it's contents. I pulled a few things out that I didn't care for anymore, but most of the clothes are just too darn cute and I'm not ready to part with much at this point. Plus I still have one more boy working through these clothes! :) I felt an overwhelming sense of relief when this project was complete!!! I realize that I have enough clothing stored to clothe SEVERAL boy children. This is size 3-6 months thru size 5 and doesn't include the clothes my older boys are currently wearing, which will require the purchase of several (maybe three) more bins. Don't judge.
#2 -- Painting the upstairs hall bathroom

Which is now Brooklyn's bathroom! :) This bathroom hardly got used before. But we had company coming to stay with us for a couple nights and they would be using this bathroom so I wanted to get it done before then. My sister-in-law, who loves to paint, came over and helped me get this done in just a couple hours. We already had the shower curtain and towels. I love the way it looks in there now! Just have to add embellishments to the towels and put a few knick-knacks up on the wall and it'll be complete!


#3 -- Painting the spare bedroom

Brooklyn used to be on one side of the jack-and-jill bathroom with Blake and Gavin sharing the bedroom on the other side of the bathroom. Preston was in a pack 'n play in the "spare" bedroom. We painted the spare bedroom, which is now Brooklyn's bedroom! :) Blake and Gavin will move into Brooklyn's old bedroom and Preston will be in Blake and Gavin's old room, so all the boys are on either side of the jack-and-jill bathroom. Get it? Got it? Good!! ;)

Once again, I enlisted the help of my paintaholic sis-in-law, Kristin, to get the job done. It's PURPLICIOUS!!!

This is seriously all the furniture that is in her room right now!! We're searching for cute white dressers and a nightstand to complete the ensemble. I also already have her name letters to hang above her bed (another project for another day) and a lamp that coordinates with her bedding.

Slowly but surely things are coming together and I LIKE IT!!! Next project: boys bedrooms, perhaps??

6 comments:

Matthew Palmer said...

Lindsay is wondering if the changes on our new blog have made it unable for people to comment. Leave a comment if you can.

Kristin said...

Sign me up for painting the boys rooms!!! i can't get enough!

michelle parker said...

kristin you are welcome to come paint my house ANYTIME YOU WANT!!

Brandi said...

Way to be so organized! I bet it's wonderful to know where everything is! I really like the paint colors too!

Kasey said...

I'm still sitting, but he usually naps the whole time she's gone, so I do have a lot of alone time. It's been good and weird these last 2 days she's been gone. I like it!

Aaron & Sara Warren said...

Love the projects & Costco outting! Looking forward to Abby starting school this week.