Saturday, July 24, 2010

That's why we had 'em!!

Saturday morning slavery, er..... I mean...... CHORES! ;)

Matt pulled the boys outside for a little yard work. Blake got his very first opportunity to mow the back lawn and I dare say he actually enjoyed himself!!

Blkmowlawn

I love this picture and his sweet smiling face.
You can see the parts he missed, but he was so stinkin' proud of himself for mowing the yard!Gavin was the little sweeper dude.Prest just supervised from his usual cool spot. ;)
I asked Brooklyn to fold a load of her clothes that had just come out of the dryer and she did it so willingly! Maybe I should assign her this as a permanent task??{I will not refold the clothes, I *WILL* not refold the clothes, I will NOT refold the clothes!}

Such a good way to start off a Saturday morning with everybody helping around the house! Reminds me of a song I once knew -- "When we're helping we're happy and we sing as we go..."

3 comments:

brittney larson said...

hahaha.. and DID you refold the clothes?? that's exactly what i was thinking before i read your mantra.. haha us hamilton sisters are cursed!!! but i prefer it ;)

Lindsay said...

Um, I did. But that's because it pretty much was a mess and couldn't be put away like it was. Bless her sweet little laundry folding heart anyway!!!

mad white woman said...

I bet Jason's laundry folding skills are about what Brooklynn's are... which is why I have to wait and let him put the clothes away too. Otherwise, I'd refold (like I did when we were first married). I just don't have time to do it anymore.