Friday, July 30, 2010

We are CrAzY for monsoons!

I don't know what it is about the rain, but we Arizonans go berserk (I never knew that was how that word was spelled!!!) any time we get a little weather goin' on!!

On Thursday afternoon, we absolutely got DUMPED on for like 45 minutes!!! Pouring rain, thunder, the whole shebang! Up to this point, we've had a few threatening clouds and little teases of rain but nothing substantial.The boys were still in their swimsuits from swimming lessons earlier that day so I let them run willy-nilly in the backyard. Brooklyn had just taken a shower and I wouldn't let her go run in the rain so she just pouted at me. I did coax a small smile out of her. ;)The funny thing is the neighbor boys ran out to jump on the trampoline in the rain and I could hear other squeals of delight from other kiddos enjoying the rain just the same as we were!! Monsoon season is one of the things I most look forward to during summertime here in Arizona and it's obvious I'm not alone in that!

1 comment:

JJ and Kimberly Taylor said...

You need to come here and visit, it rains atleast 1-2 times a weeks and not just for about 1 hour. For several hours, if not all day. We love it!