Sunday, May 15, 2011

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun ~ Lindsay's story

Brooklyn had been anticipating this weekend for WEEKS!!! This was the FIRST time that Brooklyn and I had the weekend to ourselves while the boys were away on Father's & Sons. I asked her what she wanted to do, just me and her, so we made our grand plans. The boys left Thursday night for their campout and after sending them off, we went to Subway for dinner. She gets so excited about Subway, love it!! :) Friday morning I got her out the door for school (just a half day) and it was SO quiet in the house!!! I got some cleaning done, showered and got myself ready, picked her up from school and we were gone for the rest of the day!!!

First, we had lunch at Paradise Bakery & Cafe, another place she loves! Such a stinker, giving me bunny ears in this pic!!
We did some shopping at Kohls, Justice and Old Navy. I was hoping to be able to find a cute outfit for Brooklyn at Justice, but I was sooooo disappointed! Aside from a lot of stuff just being plain immodest, too "old" looking for her age, or EXPENSIVE ($25 for a tank top???!), the things I *thought* might work just didn't even fit her remotely right! Even with 1/2 sizes and slims, the capris and bermuda shorts bagged all over her like they are expecting girls her age to have hips and a booty!!!! So she turned her search toward non-clothing items and ended up with a blue sequin-y purse, some ballerina earrings and a sparkly pink lip gloss. She was happy enough. We'll just stick with Old Navy, Gap and Children's Place for clothing for awhile longer. ;)

This is where it got more fun.... we went and picked up Aunt Brittney (my sis) and headed to the nail salon to get pedicures!!! Brooklyn has been DYING to get a pedicure for awhile, and although she didn't really get a "pedicure," she loved every second of getting her fingernails and toenails painted by a professional. ;)
We went to dinner at On the Border then saw Rio at the movie theater. By the time we dropped Brittney off, Brooklyn was O-U-T!! It was an incredibly long day and I was quite exhausted myself! On the drive back home, she slumped over in her booster and I had no idea how she could've been comfortable like this???! haha! I let her sleep in my bed, which has kinda been a tradition.
The next morning, we slept in til 8:30, ate a quick breakfast then went out on a bike ride. I was hoping for a nice refreshing ride, but it turned into stopping every 4 minutes, so we didn't make it very far before returning home. ;)
We got changed and headed to the ballfield for her baseball game. It was a stinkin' hot day so we just HAD to try out a new self-serve frozen yogurt place that just opened near our house.
We showered and got cleaned up to go to baptisms of a couple of Brooklyn's friends/Primary classmates in our ward. Alyssa Carrasco and Brooklyn are in the same class and really enjoy playing together. :)
By the time we got home, our "boys" were back from Father's & Sons. I think it's safe to say that everyone had a good time this weekend!!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Way to go MOM! You girls just did the town! Was the movie any good? I think that you posted on F.B. that it was. They grow up quickly, don't they?