Monday, October 10, 2011

The chickadeedles

Our baby chickens have grown so quickly and are fully feathered now! We moved them to the coop so they have plenty of space to roam around and roost.

There is bad news.... Maggie, one of our barred rock chickens is, in fact, a ROOSTER!!!! So HIS name is now Magnificent. LOL! As soon as he crows for the first time, he's OUTTA HERE!! I don't think our neighbors would take to kindly to a wake up call of that sort. ;)
These white leghorn chickens are fast little boogers!!!Preston doesn't like to touch their feet, so he holds the chickens like this and it makes me laugh...Gavin is so gentle with the chickensBlake usually will only hold his own chicken.Brooklyn should live on a farm. She treats these things like her babies!!!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

You kids crack me up! As much as Todd love animals of all kinds I don't think he'd touch a baby chicken. I for one totally don't want to!