Monday, October 31, 2011

HaPPy HaLLowEEn!!

Seems like the days and weekends surrounding the holidays are absolutely jam-packed with this, that or the other!! I had a lot of good intentions for celebrating Halloween this year... you know, stuff like a trip to the pumpkin patch, making cute Halloween food for lunch/dinner, carving pumpkins, NONE of which happened. We did decorate a bit and I did make Halloween shaped sugar cookies earlier in the month and I guess none of the kids are traumatized by what we DIDN'T do, so I should just get over it.

After spending a fortune on costumes last year, I had purchased costumes on clearance after Halloween and thankfully, everyone was happy with what I had for them to wear this year; Brooklyn - Super Girl, Blake - Darth Vader, Gavin - Boba Fett. I didn't have something for Preston, so we asked him what he wanted to be and he kept telling us "a ghost." I've never had one of my kids express a desire for a specific costume so young, but he was adamant, so that's what he was!
Another "thing" I didn't get to.... taking good individual pics of the kids in their costumes, except for Prest. *sigh*

Our ward Trunk or Treat was Friday night, with the traditional chili and cornbread affair. They had carnival games inside the church building before the trunk or treating started. Brittney and her friend dressed up as the Olsen twins, complete with the sunglasses and Starbucks cups- haha!The kids ready to get some candy!! Not sure why everyone looks so unenthused here...

Matt was working in Yuma today (that means he's later getting home) so the kids felt tortured as they watched all the trick-or-treaters come to OUR door while we waited for Daddy to get home. They love passing out candy and glow sticks anyway. We finally headed out and although a lot of houses already had their lights off for the night, Brooklyn still declared that this was the "BEST Halloween EVER!"

Trick or Treat!!

No comments: