Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Joys of Pregnancy



Just wanted to jot down some quick thoughts here as my final pregnancy is coming to a close.

Matt and I have been very lucky that when we've decided it was time to add a child to our family, it hasn't taken long to conceive nor have we ever experienced a pregnancy loss. I didn't ever think our kids would be spaced as far apart as they are, but I've really enjoyed the 3 year break each time. I always said that I'd like to be done having babies by the time I'm 30 and I'll turn 30 in April! ;) Five kids in 10 years, I think that's pretty good!

There are definitely unpleasantries (is that a word?) that come with being a human incubator for 9 months- the exhaustion, the aches and pains, but I have been fortunate to avoid morning sickness four times over, no major complications and have delivered healthy babies every time.

The miracle of carrying a child is amazing. Feeling the baby move, streeeeetch, roll and contort my belly into odd shapes, hiccups like clockwork every evening about 9:30pm (and multiple other times during the day); those are definitely things I will miss. I love having a newborn baby, as hard as that adjustment period is. Nursing my baby, just sitting and holding a precious spirit directly from our Heavenly Father. Nothing is more special.

I never thought I would feel "done." I have easy pregnancies and could probably do it a hundred times. But I think I'm finally "there" mentally. I'm beginning to picture how easy life will be when nap schedules and diaper changes don't rule our lives, and actually looking forward to that day. But not before I soak in every little moment of this new little baby that's about to come to our family. I cannot wait.

No comments: