Monday, April 16, 2012

10 YEARS!!!

What can I even say about this day?  Years ago, we always said we'd go to Hawaii for our ten year anniversary.  Then we decided to have a baby instead, so Hawaii wasn't going to work.  I just figured we do something to commemorate this BIG milestone, so I guess coming down with strep was just the thing.  I felt it coming on Thursday night and by Friday morning, it was no bueno.  I headed to the doc who pretty much confirmed what I already knew and I spent the rest of the weekend feeling miserable.  I kept apologizing to Matt for ruining our anniversary, especially since he'd actually made dinner reservations at the Melting Pot (we've never been).  He had our blog printed into books up until current, three books to add to our first one, that he wanted to spend the evening looking over and reminiscing.  We couldn't even kiss to celebrate!!  Such an anticlimactic day.  I sure hope I can get a raincheck on our celebration!

It's hard to believe that 10 years has already gone by!  And we have 5 kids!!  We've definitely learned a lot together and still have plenty of learning to do together!  Matt & I make a good team.  We don't always see eye to eye on everything, but with a little give and take, we make it work.


No comments: