Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Happy 30th to ME!

It's true, I'm officially OLD now!  People always talk about how they d-r-e-a-d turning 30, but I'm totally embracing it!  I'm really looking forward to discovering myself and growing and maturing as a mother and wife.

First of all, I just have to say a huge THANK YOU to Matt.  He pulled off a SURPRISE party for me!!!!  Saturday night, he told me we were going to some fancy restaurant in Scottsdale.  Immediately I got defensive. I'm not a fancy-type of girl.  I don't own very fancy clothes, fancy food kinda freaks me out and I was soooo nervous that I'd be in an uncomfortable setting all night long while trying to celebrate this momentous occasion.  He said we needed to stop by the Turner's first because Rocky wanted to show him his new firepit, and all I was thinking was that we'll be late for our "fancy" dinner reservations.  When we walked in the door, everyone yelled "SURPRISE!!!!" and I was so shocked!!  Some of our good friends, along with Derek & Kristin were there to help celebrate my 30th birthday.  We ate dinner and played a little Dance Central on the Xbox360.  I was so relieved to spend the evening hanging out than going somewhere "fancy."  I've been telling Matt for ages that I love the giant decorated cookies from Paradise Bakery and look what I got!!


On my actual birthday, it was a pretty typical day.  Lots of calls and messages from friends and family!  Matt gave me my birthday gift, a Clarisonic facial scrubber thing, which I've been wanting for awhile.  Then we packed up the family and headed out to Joe's Farm Grill for dinner.  It was yummy!






When you get older, birthdays don't always have the same pomp and circumstance as when we were younger, but I spent the day with the people I love most and wouldn't have it any other way!

No comments: