Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter 2012

Last Sunday (general conference), we did "Easter" with the Palmer side.  The grandkids had fun running about, looking for eggs in grandma and grandpa's backyard!

Preston goes for the easy ones
Boost from dad to retrieve an egg

Matt always gets a little one with the egg sticking out of his pocket
I wish I had a better picture of Brooklyn!  She was so cute with her hair and her outfit!
Hayden was trying to figure out what that green stuff was...

Blakester with his shirt buttoned ALL the way up to the tippy top!
Gav finds an egg!

Today, the kids woke up extra early to see what the Easter Bunny brought for them!  They could hardly contain their excitement!  Hayden had no idea what was going on, but she loved watching her big brothers and sister dig into their loot.

Hayden got a swimsuit & sun hat, toys and a taggie blanket
Chocolate for breakfast is ok on one day of the year!

Pictures of our beautiful kiddos all dressed up for church!! 
 I love how different all three of my boys are!
Pretty girls!

I was lame mom again and we didn't dye Easter eggs.  But we did save up all our blue/green chicken eggs for the occasion!  We managed to get a dozen (although one was bad).  Matt loves egg salad and no one else really eats hard boiled eggs, so he went about cooking and then found this special way to "peel" hard boiled eggs.


Straight after church, we ran over to my parents' house for a yummy dinner and egg  hunt.  Since we get out of church at 5pm, there wasn't much daylight left by the time we were finished with dinner so the kids had the extra challenge of searching for eggs in the dark!!  Preston missed out on the whole thing because he fell asleep on the drive over and stayed asleep all through dinner!
Matt being silly with Hayden
 Blake scored big time!
  Just like last year, Gavin found the MONEY egg!  5 buckaroos!

I find it such a struggle in this day and age to really make sure our kids know why we really celebrate Easter.  All around them, they are inundated with The Bunny, candy, plastic eggs, etc.  Even though stores are always pushing the next holiday upon us earlier and earlier, it seems as though it still sneaks up on me and I find myself wishing that I had done more thoughtful preparations on the REAL meaning of Easter.  My kids know that Jesus died for us and that He rose again on that third day, but I want them to KNOW how important the atonement is for each one of us.  It was because He suffered, died and was resurrected that we can live together again as a family, forever.  I want them to KNOW that He lives and loves each one of us.  It's our goal, as parents, to really focus on this more in the coming years.  Happy Easter!

No comments: