Thursday, September 27, 2012

Boys will be Boys!

We have church at 2:00pm so there is lots of time for horsing around in the morning.  I have warned the kids, I don't know how many times, NOT to jump from the stairs down to the ground.  This past Sunday, Gavin decided to jump from the fourth step up and he immediately started crying when he hit the floor.  I got right up and ran to him because it was one of those "I'm hurt" cries.  He couldn't stand on his foot so I freaked out thinking he broke it.  Gavin is not really a rough and tumble kinda kid so I was really surprised that he might be our first with a broken bone.  I texted Matt and told him we needed to take Gav in to Urgent Care.  I got Gavin settled in the chair with some ice and let him rest a bit.  I tried having him walk again but he cried saying it hurt.  By the time Matt got home from his meetings, Gavin would put some pressure on it but was curling his foot up and only walking on the outside edge.  I could also already see a small dark purple bruise forming above his big toe.  Off they went to Urgent Care and I took the other four kids to church.
You can the bruise ^^^ above the right big toe
The good news is that it WASN'T broken, just badly bruised.  Matt said that everyone was dying over Gavin's cuteness with his white shirt and tie on, haha!  He got his foot all wrapped up with a prescription to take it easy the next couple days.  When I got home from sacrament meeting to stay with him so Matt could go back, Gavin was telling me all this information that he learned from the doctor, how he had a hematoma and so forth.  What a smarty pants! I gave his teacher a heads up to keep an eye on him at school.  He's already doing better!

Waiting to be checked out

Resting back at home

No comments: