Thursday, February 27, 2014

A few special occasions

Last weekend, Matt and Brooklyn had the chance to attend the daddy-daughter dance at the kids' school.  Brooklyn was beyond thrilled to have a little date with her dad!  I ordered a dress for her and we went shopping for shoes.  She kept saying how she's been DYING to have some heels so when we saw a pair of white wedge sandals, she just HAD to have them!!  The day of, I curled her hair, painted her fingernails and toenails and helped her get all dressed.  It felt like a little glimpse into the future! (prom???)  Of course I made them pose for a few shots before they left!


Here are the cute photo booth photos that they brought home!



Preston lost his FIRST TOOTH!!!  It was a bit of a traumatic event.  The tooth was very loose and Preston had been working on wiggling it for awhile.  He was adamant that it needed to come out, so I tried and tried to pull it (not my favorite thing), but it was hanging on.  It started becoming a struggle for Preston, and he was crying, but at that point, I was afraid he'd swallow the dang thing in his sleep!  It started bleeding and that's when we called Dad in to take over.  FINALLY, the tooth came out!!

Preston put the tooth under his pillow, but I commented to Matt how I wish I would've been able to take better pictures of him with his tiny tooth in better lighting.  The tooth fairy must've heard my request because she left $2 but didn't take the tooth!
You can see his crossbite here^.  Can you say $$braces$$?

This is his "are-we-done-yet?" face.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

I love Brooklyn's dress. I want one in my size.

The tooth fairy left Clara's first tooth too so I could get pictures in better light. Imagine that. ;0