Saturday, February 1, 2014

Other January happenings


I finally jumped on the bandwagon and ordered a doTerra essential oils kit!  I'm looking forward to trying a more natural approach to medicine in our family.  Trust me, I'm not going wacky cracky, I'll still use the real stuff if we need it.  I especially am anxious to try them with Blake, to see if this can help with his ADHD, without him being on prescription meds.

We've started toying with the idea of potty training.  I'm trying to figure out when we have a good solid week to give it a go, but it's not looking good until, oh, about summer!  Hayden loves wearing her "pannies" and wags her finger back and forth, saying, "No, no, no!  No pee on princess!  Makes them sad!"  We've had one pee and a couple poops in the potty, but nothing consistent so far.  She loves sitting on the potty and I'm hoping in the next few months, we can ditch the diapers for FOREVER!!

Blake cut his hair AGAIN, for like the third time!!!!!  Does he think I wouldn't notice this??!  You'd think at nearly 11, the novelty would wear off.   Hmpf.

I've played on a co-ed softball team, on and off the past year.  I LOVE playing softball again!  This season, our team won the league tournament for our division!

Matt went to Woodbage.  Again.  For the FOURTH time.  And that's all I can say.  Or bad words may come out of my mouth.  "I am a loving and supportive wife, I am a loving and supportive wife....."

Brooklyn participated in her first dance competition with Freestyle Dance Company!  This is her friend from the ward, Kaitlin Curtin, that got us involved. :)

Hayden took a trip to the ENT to see if we could finally get to the bottom of her random fevers.  The doc made me feel like why were we even there, so we didn't get many answers.  Boo.

Hayden got her FIRST haircut!!!  January 24, 2014  It was just a tiny trim to even out the bottom.

Another dance performance!!  The entire Freestyle Dance Company (minis, juniors and seniors) got to perform pregame at a Phoenix Suns game!
All the cute junior company girls!
And the crazy boys!  
We all got these (huge) orange t-shirts for military appreciation night.
We found Uncle Dan on the wall!!!  (he works for the Suns)
 She freaked!  haha
Hayden battling some major static on our couch!

I heard a little, "Mommy, help!"  And I go into to find Hayden, oh you know, just washing her feet IN the sink... No big deal!!

I finally took Joshua out shopping for his birthday, only 4 months late.  Oops!
We had a nice date and it was fun spoiling my baby brother a bit! 

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

This was one of my favorite posts from you. I really enjoyed the updates. :)