Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Brooklyn and Blake turn 11!

And the birthdays just keep coming!!

They woke up to birthday balloons in the kitchen!

They agreed to go out to Firehouse Subs for birthday lunch!  And we invited grandpa again!


Birthday gifts~ it's getting harder and harder to find gifts as they are walking the fine line in between playing with toys and abandoning them once and for all.  But I think they were happy!

Books are always a good bet for Blake, who constantly has his nose in a book!
And Legos!  We have a million, but they always want more!

She seems excited about this one!!
Fun new Rainbow Loom bands and {another} storage box!

Nerf has come out with a girly line and Brooklyn has been asking for her very own Rebelle.  She's ready to fight back now!

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnd Blake finally gets an iPod (previously loved).  He was feeling kinda left out now that Brooklyn and Gavin both have one.  Happy!

Confession time:  Mom is a BIG fat SLACKER!!!  I knew exactly what I wanted Brooklyn's WOW gift to be for her birthday, a beach cruiser.  She's not an exceptionally big girl and I wasn't sure a full size women's bike would be the best fit.  I found this smaller one online, thought I could do an online order with store pickup, but lo and behold, no one had it in stock.  My procrastination skills finally failed me.  So she got this beautiful PICTURE of her new bike, which should be here early next week.


French silk pie, courtesy of Village Inn, for birthday "cake" this year, their request!



I swear, in a blink of an eye, we went from this:
{Twins 2 months old}
To this:




Sometimes, I still can't even believe we had/have TWINS!!

The scariest thing to me is that 12 is right around the corner!!!  And in the LDS church, that's a big deal!  Brooklyn will go to Girls Camp for the first time next summer and Blake will get the Aaronic priesthood and be able to pass the sacrament!  They aren't really old enough for that, are they?!??!


And this concludes birthday season at our house!  Join us for more craziness next year!

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

Wow... time flies. Also, for the record, you're NOT a slacker.