Thursday, February 5, 2015

TWELVE!!! {12}




My baby loves are twelve years old.  Admittedly, I don't remember much from the early days with these munchkins.  Everything was a blur at that time in our lives.  But when I look back at those two tiny babies that came to us when we were still newlyweds, I can't help but think how blessed we are to have Brooklyn and Blake as a part of our family.  They came as a package deal and I can't imagine our lives without either one of them.

Headed off to school
For whatever reason, I felt a lot of mom guilt about their birthday this year.  For the most part, they've agreed on the festivities and it's been great.  It kinda started when I gave them the option whether to go out to lunch or I could bring lunch to them at school.  Blake wanted to go out, Brooklyn wanted me to bring lunch.  Blake wanted one restaurant, Brooklyn wanted another and they argued over the whole thing.  I told them that I couldn't be in two places at the same time and they MUST agree or I wouldn't do it at all.  I felt guilty because OF COURSE they want different things, they are two DIFFERENT people with DIFFERENT opinions.  Blake loves the special time away, Brooklyn loves the attention from everyone at school, but because they are twins, I was making them share and I was so torn about that.  In the future, I may have to get smarter and figure something else out to make both of them happy.  They did eventually compromise and I brought Chick-fil-a in to the school.
Brooklyn brought treats to dance
{twin mom confession: I still like to coordinate my boy/girl twins, even when they don't realize it!}

All ready for gift opening!
She died over this brick of gum -- 15 packs!!
Of course.  Always. 
Grandpa's gift-guessing trick
Happy for makeup!!
Legos are always a WIN
Brooklyn is all about the accessories!
Happy & happy!
Blake gets his own .22 rifle
They both wanted chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, but their OWN cakes.  Done. :)

This was SO funny!  When we were singing, "Happy Birthday to YOU...." they both pointed to each other and started laughing!!

Then when they blew out their candles, Blake blew his out in one breath and Brooklyn only managed to get a couple!  I was so afraid she was going to catch her hair on fire!!  Check out this photo sequence ----

Happy Birthday, Brooklyn & Blake!  I'm so excited for both of you as you move into Young Women's and Young Men's.  I can't believe I'm old enough to have kids going to Girls/Scout camp this summer!  I hope you guys will always remain close friends throughout your life.

No comments: