Sunday, February 8, 2015

YW & YM

Turning 12 in the LDS church is kind of a big deal!  This is the age where you move on from the Primary (children's) organization into Young Women's for the girls and Young Men's for the boys.  At 12 years old, boys are able to receive the Aaronic Priesthood and perform simple priesthood duties.

Blake was ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood this morning by his dad (and bishop!), Matthew.  Several uncles and grandfathers were able to stand in the circle to help with the ordination.  Blake was pretty nervous to pass the sacrament for the first time, but when he came to sit down afterward, he told me, "Mom, I felt really good inside when I passed the sacrament."

The Beehives came in to "steal" Brooklyn from Primary and take her off to Young Women's.  Of course I was the mama-razzi out in the hallway taking pics!  She was so so so so so so SO excited to go!!!  It will be strange not seeing Brooklyn and Blake there in singing time!

I have similar feelings as when they got baptized FOUR years ago --- how am I old enough to have kids going to mutual and GIRLS CAMP???!  As nervous as I am for moving into the next stage of life, I kinda like having big kids!

No comments: