Monday, May 11, 2015

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day was probably one of the best to date!!  Matt didn't have any of his usual Sunday meeting so he was home all day.  Sundays are very hard for me, he is typically gone from 6am-5pm and getting all 5 kids ready for church and getting there on time is exhausting, so it was nice to have him there to help me.  The kids made me breakfast in bed, COMPLETELY on their own!!!  Eggs, toast sausage and fruit.

Matt got me a new set of pots and pans, which I had been asking for and he made the most awesome video compilation of the kids answering questions about me.  I cried!!

After church, we took our annual photos.  This is the only thing I insist happens on Mother's Day and Father's Day.  I didn't realize until I dumped the pictures that they were totally blurry!  I guess the switch was set to manual focus. :(  I was so sad.


Matt grilled up steaks for dinner, then we headed to my parents to surprise my mom with another video Matt had put together with all my sibs answering questions about my mom.  It was a bawl-fest!!  We were able to Skype with Cody and had Britt on FaceTime too so we were all there!


Went to bed very happy and grateful to be a mother. ❤︎

No comments: